Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love is in the Air



So it's time for another holiday season that most people exchange cards at. Well, at least one card. I am not a girly girl, but there is just something fun about pulling out the pink, red, and white cardstock and going to town.

I got a slew of American Crafts Valentine stuff from peachcheap. I love peachycheap. (I actually got today's deal too (a ton of basic grey stuff AND free shipping for $12.99 - yes please!)


Anyway, I took my Valentine goodness and laid it out before me. New stuff makes me happy. Then I made what I am calling the Valentine Tree card. So fun. So pink and girly, yet with the sometimes annoying habit I have of making things analytical and precise (or clean and simple if you want, but I know it's the scientist in me struggling for order!)
I used a quickutz embossing plate to give the background some texture, and then stiched around that layer. I have a stash of precut scallops from my Silhouette, and so I took one of those and an oval and then used an American Crafts rubon for thefocal image. A few Melon Berry buttons, some Doodlebug ribbon, and a PTI stamp and this card was done. Actually only took like 20 minutes, including sewing. Love that! Now....who gets this card?


7 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

:>) Wonderful! Nothing analytical about that card unless you were counting the hearts to make sure the tree was balanced!?!?

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Excellent card! I love the color choices too!

Karen said...

Super sweet Valentine card! You know, I now have that song, Love is in the Air, completely stuck in my head! :>

Randee E said...

Hmmm . . must have missed that memo on Peachy Cheap - seems like a pretty good deal!! Love the card, but even though it's pretty in pink - not too girly. I think Mr. Leftside should get it, unles you have something special already planned/crafted for him ;0)

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love that embossed background! Too cute...I love the AC rubons and the not too girly color combo.

Harriet said...

I love your card and the hearts to make the tree....

Anonymous said...

ok that's fine, i just made tons of fresh emo backgrounds 2 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info