Thursday, February 4, 2010

How I use "flair"

Today's cards feature "flair", you know, like the buttons one might wear on a jean jacket. Only these are better because they have and adhesive back. Sometimes it's hard to figure out how to use these suckers. I got three sheets of them when I got the rubons from peachy cheap. And I made the card above. I had gotten the embossed heart background folder on clearance somewhere last May, glad I could bust it out. A little corner rounding and a nice bow with a PTI sentiment. The photo stinks, but I am not in a place to retake it. So I gave a bonus card.


This is a smaller card and was FAST to put together. I grabbed a scrap of Valentine paper from three years ago (stored with my other Valentine specific scrap paper- I know it's anal, but hey it works for me!) and added the foam letters from American Crafts, and the heart flair. The ribbon was an after thought because it looks naked without it.
And another thing. Some of you know I am running the Shamrock Shuffle March 21 (for those of you not familiar with the Shuffle, it's an 8K run through downtown Chicago with 36,000 others). Yesterday I asked Tiffany if she wanted to run it and she declined. Today she not only says she running it, but asks if I want to do the half marathon in Kenosha. Um....am I crazy? Apparently. So we are both signed up, and now accountable because I have just told you all about it. That race is May 1. Here's to finishing.....

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

lovin' your flair-full cards...I love flair but tend to hoard them..happy friday!

Randee E said...

Didn't know these things even had a name. I just called them "sticky buttons things" I have a bunch too that I've never used, will have to try something after being inspired :0) These turned out great!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I almost bought this flair but didn't know what I would do with it. Flair always makes me think of the movie Office Space (I think that's the name of it). Great job on this!

So glad you have a running buddy. I used to be athletic but plain ol' running was never something I did--can't stand it. I wish you lots of stamina!

Twinkle said...

Nice post. Interesting images. Thanks for sharing the post.