Monday, May 18, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #52


My first impression of the colors for the color inspiration challenge was "Oh no - FIVE colors"! I sometimes struggle when I get too many colors going on, and so I really took my time and just let the creativity flow. I pulled out the papers, perused my stamp collection, and put some of my stash away that had buried my desk.

I settled on using my Papertrey Ink "Life" stamp set. I also knew I wanted to use the So Saffron ribbon from this past Sale-a- bration. The clincher came when I found a 12 x 12 sheet of Sahara Sand in an old Simply Scrapping kit. I thought I only had the ink - talk about limitations! I matted the main image with Baja Breeze, it is a lot more apparent IRL. In the end I was happy with what I created, which is my goal any time I sit down to make a card. Hope you enjoy it too! Off to see what you all have created!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Life
Ink: Stampin Up
Ribbon: Stampin Up

11 comments:

Maureen P said...

Fabulous use of the colours this week. That ribbon is yummy!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Great job on this card. You knocked it outta the park.

Anonymous said...

So simple and elegant! I really like the little blue mat that peeks out....nice touch!

Heather in FL said...

Really nice job. I'm always intrigued at how everyone gets all the colors in! It really looks nice. Now I have another idea for my Life set. :-)

~amy~ said...

Oh Sweet Mother of Pearl...fantabulous card! Absolutely fabulous colors to work with...you've done a magnificent job.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh sahara sand is my most favorite color and I have been blown away by the girls who have used it as the predominant color. Your car is no exception it is simply stunning! I love it. Hugs~Donna

Randee E said...

I love the way you put these colors together. So soft and simple with just a peekaboo of blue :0) Great card!

Leonie said...

Such a pretty card

Winter said...

So pretty! Love that ribbon!

Rochelle said...

Oh Katie, I like this one. It is so simple and clean, but so nice. Don't you love finding things in your stashes that are exactly what you are looking for!?

Marisa G said...

Katie, I love what you did with this stamp set. Very pretty card and stamping.