Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Roaring Good Day

Tonight I decided to play with the sketch on 2 Sketches 4 You. I found out about the sketch challenge from Amy's awesome blog. They have a fantastic contest coming up in June as well. I used another one of my new stamps from Paper Makeup Stamps. His name is Terry and he is adorable. I also bought the matching sentiment.

I colored Terry with my copics, another new obsession of mine. I have collected quite a few, so I may be okay for a bit. I just got my Papertrey order from the last release today, so look for cards from those toys next.


And where do I play with all my "toys"? I was fortunate enough to be able to finish the basement in our house and I was also fortunate enough to have a husband who let me take about 1/3 of it to create an awesome room. Then there was having a friend who has an awesome husband who is a contractor (so if you are in the Chicago suburbs and need any kind of work done in your house email me and I will send you Mark's email. He rocks!) My room was finished about a month before my son was born, so I am still working on decorating and I think organization will be a constant challenge. I tend to take out a bunch of supplies and create until the piles start to fall off my table. Then I put some stuff away and start over. I was going to wait until my room was "clean" or "finished" to post photos, but that will never happen. So you are seeing it in all its glory.


I have storage all throughout the room. The doors there hide a big pipe along the wall and also hold supplieds. And I am a bit obsessed with ribbon. It's pretty much everywhere.


I bought this chair so I could curl up and read magazines. Someone else usually is curled up there. Her name is Ginger. I swiped my husband's craftsman tool chest. He really didn't need it *grin*. The punches are on kitchen towel racks from IKEA (not my idea, my friend Tiffany saw it somewhere). The display shelf was Mark's idea. It lights up. I love it.


Long view of the room. That's an 8 foot table. And its covered. I think I could have a 20 foot table and it still would be covered. And yes those are paper racks you see. That's for some of my patterened paper collection. The 25 cubby shelf is also from IKEA and holds lots of fun stuff.


More paper storage and more fun stuff on this 9 hole cubby. Its from Target, and I got it about 7 years ago. The wood boxes are from IKEA but they are a pain to put together (I didn't put them together, but my hubby says they were a pain *grin*). There's my litttle cuttlebug on the floor. I love it. I hav a silhouette but I was sucked into getting the bug because of the cool embossing folders.



My table. The trimmer on the left is a Carl Trimmer that is from Sam's Club online. It cuts chipboard and up to 30 sheets of cardstock at once. It was my Valentine's day present last year.
So that's my room. It's my own little world and I love it.
Card Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Basic Gray
Cardstock: Stampin Up, Neenah
Ink: Memento
Ribbon: May Arts
Markers: Copics
Brad: Making Memories

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sweet Mother of Pearl sista...I'll be over in the morning to play...LOL! a big woot woot for your magnificent play space...wow...you are one lucky duck...hmmm...I'll have to take pics of my "space"...it's a hallway...yes, hallway....anywho's....LOVE your take on the 2s4y sketch!!! Magnificent job!!! Such CUTE stamps!

Laura Davis said...

Welcome to 2S4Y katie! Your card is darling! I LOVE your scrap room! Thanks for playing!
Laura

Anonymous said...

First of all, the card is great! Love the little monster and your job with the copics. Secondly, really liked seeing your room. I can't wait to show my hubby your table because he is always on me how mine is full of stuff and how can I create like that. I also like the kitchen towel rack for the punches. I really am envious of your room and I would never come out. Thanks so much for sharing!

Randee E said...

So jealous . . . even when it's messy! Mark says thanks for the plug :0) Cute card to BTW

Rochelle said...

What a great room! How lucky to have such a big place to create. I know what you mean when you say that you think organization will always be a constant challenge, I have that same problem, because my crafting collection is constantly growing!! :) I do the same thing, let my table get piled high and then I can't see the table, so I clean it off and then it starts all over. I love that you took your husband's tool chest. Thanks for sharing!

Kristin Moore said...

Oh gosh, your room is amazing!! How very nice and lucky! My table often looks just like this!