Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Well...it's been awhile....

Hello.

I've been away a bit.

Over two years.

What's gone on?

I ran three half marathons (Summer 2010) - PR was 2:15:05 while 8 weeks pregnant.



Had a baby (Ryan, born April 25, 2011)


Then got busy with being a mom with two active boys. 


Now I am finally feeling like sharing crafty creations again.  It's not that I stopped making things - I just didn't have time to share. 

My little guy turns1 next week.  *GASP*

So I thought it fitting that my first blog post would be the favors that I made for his class at school.  He and another friend in the class have the same bday...


The bag is from Oriental Trading.  In the bag are 5 plastic colored balls, a container of bubbles, and a crocheted "clicker" turtle made from the top of a baby food jar.

The ribbon is from Target, I stocked up during the after Christmas clearance!

Close up on the tag....



The die cut base is a SU die.  The stars are an old punch, with coordinating bling from my stash.  Cardstock from my stash.  The PP is PTI, as are the stamps.

I'm happy with how it turned out.  The total cost?  About $1/favor!
The balls my mom got at a garage sale (about 500 for $10, I used 60=$1.20), the bubbles were 2/$1 ($6), clicker turtles were made by my Grandma (free), ribbon $1.50, the other consumables were from my stash....not too bad.

I need to catch up with the blogging world.  I have lots more to share...see you soon!

4 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Welcome back to Blog land. I understand about how time consuming sharing can be.
Love the tag on the bag. both are darling. Happy birthday to your son. If you think the first year went fast, so will the next 20.

~amy~ said...

Well, welcome back!!!!! You've been busy!!!! Your kidlets are stinking cute!!!!!

Mayol said...

Welcome back to blogdom! :) Such cute boys!

June K said...

The bags are adorable. Looks like you have been busy the last couple years. Welcome to the PTI forum and I hope you keep posting because I scrolled through your blog and your cards are so cute.