Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wedding Cards

Tonight I wanted to play with Cuttlebug embossing folders. I bought a cuttlebug even though I have a Silhouette just so I could make embossed papers. Once you start you will find yourself wanting to texture everything. Plain cards will be a thing of the past. But I digress...

Once I had embossed the gray paper, I decided I also wanted to use the Amy Butler fabric brads that I got on clearance at Archiver's awhile back. I think I paid $2.50 for a 12 pack. I could not pass them up! The brad above is very large, and I felt it held its own as the focal point on the card. The card below I used two of the smaller to accent the bow. I actually tied the bow intending to put the large brad over it, but then I decided it was too pretty of a bow to cover up.
Clean and classy wedding cards that could be replicated in the colors of any wedding.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin Up (Basic Grey), Wausau (Light Gray and white)
Brads: K and Company
Stamps: Hero Arts (Congratulations), Studio G (Mr. and Mrs.)
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug
Ink: Stampin Up
Ribbon: from the stash