Thursday, March 26, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #47


I look forward to the KWerner color challenge every week and I was so excited to see the colors this week. These are my colors. They are very harvesty and fall; but I resisted the urge to get out my Halloween stamps (It was really hard; I kept wanting to stamp pumpkins).

CARD REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

I decided to use my Silhouette and one of the new images they released this month. This tree is so fun! I was going to use this layout for my Paper Challenge Girls (PCG) card, and I still might. I grounded the image by stiching around the edge of the watercolor paper. I added some crisscross stiches so it wouldn't look so flat. I love how this card came out!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Patterned Paper: Scenic Route Paper Co
RubOn: American Crafts
Other: Twine (Stampin Up), Buttons (from the stash), Thread

23 comments:

Randee E said...

Love it! Need to try that ziggy zaggy!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

ok...love this card! So cute with the sewing and the buttons.

TB said...

Wow! This is stunning! And unusual! Nice work!

Tammy

Traveling Mama said...

I look forward to the challenges too! I ADORE your card!! I have a bit of a tree obsession... super cute!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

ohhh, love the funky tree! Great stiching and buttons. You did awesome on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Beautiful and unique!

Sheila said...

Love this card, great design!

JadedOne said...

Nice! I love the use of buttons and the stitching. Is it bad that I want a sewing machine just so I can acheive that effect on cards?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, how I love buttons and stitching! Sweet card :-) Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Anonymous said...

This card is awesome. Simple and fun.

Kharlie Bug said...

It's so clean. Looks like it should me in the "Cards" magazine! Love it :)

Rochelle said...

I love your card too! The watercolor paper gives just the right background texture to the card and the stitching is soo cute! Great job!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!

Unknown said...

Wow! this card is Fabulous!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

such a cool card! Love it!

Winter said...

Very cute! Loved the tree and those buttons! I love to sew on cards, so fun!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the tree and those buttons!!! The stitching is such a nice touch!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love what you did with the buttons and awesome stitching!

Kim Sonksen said...

This card is brilliant

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this card! The buttons, the stitching! Perfection!

Marisa G said...

Ooooh, I love this card! Love the image and the stitching really make it pop. Great job!

Sue said...

HI Kathy!
Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog. I had not visited your blog before...love this card! I'll aadd you to my reader list :-)
Sue

Steph said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. WOW, did you ever do a great job with this challenge. I love that tree!!